The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Singapore Branch), in association with the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center and the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, proudly presents CIArb-WIPO-SIAC Intellectual Property, Media & Technology Arbitration Symposium 2014, Singapore: Innovation Under the Global Spotlight – Overcoming Challenges, Changing Mindsets (“IPMTAS 2014”).
IP, technology and innovation are key drivers of economic growth globally and in Asia. The astonishing speed at which new ideas, products and technologies are being introduced into the world marketplace, coupled with the need to compete, create and innovate in the converging areas of Intellectual Property (IP), Media and Technology, carries however risks and new challenges. What are those risks and challenges and how should businesses, innovators and their advisers deal with them? What mechanisms are currently in place to diffuse, avoid and resolve conflicts and what new measures and solutions should be considered?
Under the Singapore IP Hub Master Plan, Singapore aims to become a global IP hub with a world-class infrastructure and eco-system where businesses and investors are secure in protecting their rights, transacting deals across borders and resolving their disputes.
Hear the views of leading IP, arbitration and ADR experts and business leaders from around the world in this 2-day symposium as they discuss their experiences and address the key issues, best practices and new solutions.
IPTMAS 2014 is ideal for all who are interested in the field of Intellectual Property, Media, Technology and Arbitration, including lawyers, in-house counsel, business leaders and advisers, consultants and experts.
Highlights (Provisional Programme)
- Special characteristics of intellectual property and technology arbitration
- Time- and cost-efficient dispute resolution procedures for the ICT, media and entertainment and sports industries
- Global trends in intellectual property and technology dispute resolution
- The Internet: Digital Media, Social Media, New Technologies and the Cloud – the disputes that can arise and how disputes may be resolved
- Lessons learnt from the patent wars of Apple v Samsung and others, the “app store” dispute between Apple v Amazon and the tale of litigation involving Harry Potter
- Disputes in the Media, Entertainment and Sports Industries: TV and Broadcasting, Formats rights and American Idol; the world of Sports and F1
- Case studies on disputes involving Intellectual Property in M&A and corporate transactions and IP valuation
- IP Exploitation: Licensing, Tech Transfer and IP Collaboration – Managing Risk and Resolving Challenges
- Mobile phone wars – FRAND and enforcement of standards essential patents
- Perspectives from the key arbitral institutions on their procedures and experiences in the relevant areas
- Masterclass in Arbitration Techniques and Practices – Arbitration surgery workshop (recommended for counsel and arbitrators)
Register before 31 January 2014 to take advantage of Early-Bird discounts of more than 30%! Visit www.ciarb-wipo-siac-ipmtas2014.com
For enquiries, please email the event secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them at +65 6270 0303.